Diet Delites

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Diet and TV Commercials

I did well today. Walked for a little over a mile this AM. Did some trimming in the garden before the sun came over the rooftop to broil me. Temperatures yesterday were near 100 degrees. Today was a bit better, only around 90 degrees. Needless to say, I spent most of the day in my air-conditioned home.

When I sat down for dinner this evening, I didn't think much about having the TV on. It's the time of day I catch up on the breaking news. I didn't think about it until I remembered that when I watch TV at night in bed, the minute a commercial comes on, I get cravings for food -- any kind of food -- even if I just finished dinner. I can usually control these cravings because I know what's causing them. I simply hit the ute button until the commercials are over.

It didn't occur to me that the same thing was happening when I watched TV during my dinner. If I watch public broadcasting, I don't have a problem -- no commercials. But network TV is lethal to my diet. Mind you, the commericials can be about anything; they don't have to be about food.

I'm sure the origin of this quirk in my psyche would be very telling, but I don't have the time or the inclination to discover what it is. Suffice to know that I can eliminate the cravings with the click of the mute button.

Chow for now,

The Undaunted Dieter

www.MySavingPlace.com
www.Save-Money-On-Groceries.com
www.SaveMoneyOnAutoInsurqance.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker