Diet Delites

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Before and After




These "before" and "after" pictures are the result of weeks of effort uncluttering my house. They are pictures of my office. I still have some additional clean-up, but my mind is so much clearer since so much "stuff" is gone. The stress leading up to the garage sale took its toll on my diet, but then almost anything can sideswipe it these days.

I'm back up to 164-1/2 pounds I'm ashamed to say. Dinner is always my downfall. And when I go out to dinner or to a party, I just can't say no to all the goodies put in front of me. If I do, I just come home and pig out. Last night I went to the grocery story and bought 2 boxes of lite ice cream bars, a box of lite ice cream sandwiches and a box of Dreyer's Caramel Dibbles (440 calories for 26 pieces about 1/2" square - yummy!). I proceeded to eat one ice cream bar, one ice cream sandwish and half the carton of Dibbles after I had a low-cal dinner of chicken livers, mashed potatoes and a cucumber and tomato salad (sounds fattening but it really isn't since I know how to keep the calorie count low). What prompted this binge? Hell if I know. Could be because there's nobody here to stop me except myself and, as I said, I just can't say no.

Am I kidding myself? Is it possible anymore for me to lose weight? If it were a life and death situation, what would I do? I don't know what the answers are; I just know that quitting smoking was a piece of cake compared to losing weight. But heck, I've been playing this game for over 20 years now. Why should I quit now.

I just finished a "deliteful" lunch consisting of a slice of turkey meatloaf, plain corn-on-the-cob, and a fresh fig sliced and topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar sauce. I followed that up with a lite ice cream bar and 5 Dibbles. I feel stuffed and hope that the feeling lasts through the dinner hour and I can keep a lid on my cravings. Wish me luck.

Chow for now.

4 Comments:

  • Hello!

    Keep up the great work! You can get to your target weight. Remeber diet and exercise are teh secrets.

    Live Healthy Live Long!

    Your Friends at DietsinReview.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • Well people like to spam your blog huh?! Just thought I'd drop in and say that losing weight isn't about the RIGHT diet. It's about the right FRAME OF MIND!

    All it takes is the determination to start eating right and you'll lose the weight you want. I believe that, I truly do!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Hello! I'm blogging my weight loss journey here: http://anonymousdiets.blogspot.com/

    I totally agree! Weight loss is so much harder then quitting smoking. I had never thought about it before, but you're right. Because you can walk away from cigarettes and never pick one up again, but you still have to eat every day. It would be like having a cigarette put in front of you every day and saying "Don't smoke it!"

    By Blogger Marie, at 10:34 PM  

  • I like your analogy. I have completely forgotten about this blog, and OMG, I'm still dieting -- 8 YEARS LATER!! My life is one continuous diet, and it doesn't get any easier the older you get. Yes, you eat less, but you also stop burning all the calories you used to burn when younger. And yet I refuse to give up. I'm afraid if I do, I'll balloon up another 50 pounds or more. Best of luck, Marie.

    By Blogger Saving Lady, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker