Diet Delites

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fell Off The Horse Again

Well, I'm back again after a two-wek absence. Mostly, I'm embarassed. I've gained back three pounds pigging out at every opportunity. I'm weak; what else can I say. I know losing weight is probably the most difficult thing in the world for most people, and I'm envious of those who can literally make the pounds dissolve without even trying. My own sister went on the South Beach diet for only two weeks and dropped 15 pounds. What's more, she's kept the weight off. It's not fair!!

Not to worry. I'm back in the saddle again today. So far, so good. I did indulge in exactly 1/2 cup of lite ice cream, and that has taken the edge off. I'd like to say that I'm taking dieting one day at a time. The truth is that I need to take it one hour at a time.

Needless to say, I'm not going to reach the goal I anticipated when I started this blog. So what else is new? Maybe this week will be different. Stay tuned and don't give up. I've been doing this for many years and still have hope.

Chow for now.

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back. I got thin by getting sick, and I don't recommend it. Diabetes, along with anemia and godknowswhat! Nothing tastes good, so it's easy not to eat! Wish I could give it to you for a few weeks, but then you'd have a hard time making me take it back!

    By Blogger Ron Southern, at 10:00 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about your illness, Ron. I don't think I've ever been quite that sick, but a week in bed with a cold or the flu - for someone who hardly ever gets sick -is just as debilitating. It's a terrible way to lose weight, but it certainly does work. Unfortunately, I've always managed to gain all the weight back, usually within a week or two, perhaps because what you really lose is a lot of water, and that comes back real fast. Wish I could help to ease your suffering but can only hope you are on the road back to a full recovery. Thanks for checking in.

    By Blogger Saving Lady, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker