Diet Delites

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Quick Chicken or Turkey Stew

Well, I promised you a recipe, and this one is so easy, I don't know why I don't use it more often. I pulled it out after three weeks of intense pressure in my work because I needed some comfort food. Boy, did I comfort myself. In addition to enjoying a bowl, every time I passed by the stove, I took a teaspoonful or two. I finally put the remainder in the fridge, or I would have eaten it all in one day.

1 (10-1/2 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup fat-free Half-and-Half
1/2 pound frozen stew vegetables
1/2 pound mixed vegetables
1 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms (do not drain)
1 10 oz. can chunk turkey or chicken (do not drain)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
minced parsley

Pre-cook frozen vegetables in microwave. Cut large chunks of carrots and potatoes into smaller pieces.

Mix mushroom soup and cream in large saucepan. Add all other ingredients (including pre-cooked vegetables) except parsley. Cover and simmer 10 - 15 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with parsley, and serve with large salad topped with your favorite low-fat, low-cal dressing. Approx. 225 calories per serving for each of 4 servings or 450 calories for each of 2 servings.

If you're like me, you'll opt for the 2-serving portion.

Chow for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker