Diet Delites

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Weigh In

It's been over three weeks since I weighed in. My real estate business got in the way as did the upcoming garage sale. I have been stressed out to say the least. That's bad for a stress eater. I have no idea why I didn't gain at least five pounds over the last 3-1/2 weeks except that my metabolism must have been in overdrive 24 hours a day. Sleepless nights, active days, and little time to think about eating properly, I have been grabbing comfort food on the run -- ice cream, KFC Popcorn Chicken is only the start. I didn't have time to eat three meals a day, so even though I made poor food choices, I didn't eat that much of the bad stuff. In addition, I drank gallons of water. We went through a torrid heat spell for five days and whatever I ate I washed down with a huge glass of water.

When I did find time to eat right, it was easy. Afterall, summer is upon us with its harvest of fresh fruit and vegetables. Breakfast one morning was a pint of Oregon strawberries and yogurt. Fresh lettuce from my garden is a taste treat at both lunch and dinner. Dining al fresco somehow diminishes your appetite by focusing on the scenery instead of on your hunger.

I am happy to report that I woke up this morning and still weighed in at 162 pounds. There's still hope.

Chow for now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker