Diet Delites

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Remiss Again

OK, OK, I did it again. I was remiss at weighing in yesterday. Actually I was ashamed of myself. I gained back the measley one pound that I had lost in the last month. I know we shouldn't abase ourselves, but I let my hedonistic tendencies overrule my intelligent self. I ate out 5 times this week including Burgerville Fish and Chips, Red Lobster Shrimp Feed, Olive Garden Chicken Alredo, just to name a few of the comfort dishes I enjoyed. For me it was almost binge eating. The only day I was good was Friday when I painted my deck. It took all day, but I was physically busy doing manual labor and found that I had no hunger pains. I put work -- and stress -- aside for the day and ate very little. I know I am a stress eater, and my job does stress me out. There must be a pill for stress, but I haven't found it yet, and I can't afford not to work.

I am experimenting this week. When I am stressed, I crave carbs. Even if I keep my calorie count down, I believe a high carb diet is not allowing me to lose weight. This week I am going to try to maintain 1150 calories per day broken down into 20% fat calories, 35% protein calories and 45% carb calories. I have noticed that when I eat cereal for breakfast, I am much more hungry at noon than if I eat bacon and eggs (actually turkey bacon and egg substitute). With more fat and protein than carbs, I am guessing it will make a difference. We'll see next week. Also, it's spring, the weather is beautiful, and I am trying to walk 2 miles every morning. It's the only exercise I actually enjoy because I love being outside when the weather warms up. I don't care if it's sunny or not, I just love the fresh air. The monotony of a treadmill or an exercycle is just too much to bear.

Next post, I want to tell you about my experience with Hoodia. Til then, ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker