Diet Delites

Monday, April 17, 2006

Dreadful Monday Morning Weigh-In

Well, I really fell off the wagon this week. I knew the 2-pound loss last week was an anomoly, although the net loss was 1 pound. After pizza, fudge brownies, chips and dip, lemon cream pie, lasagna and way too much wine, I have regained that pound. So, I am back to where I started when i first posted this blog -- 165 lbs. Am I disappointed? Of course I am, but not enough to keep me from climbing right back up on the wagon again.

My week was filled with anxiety and stress, and I eat when I am anxious or stressed. I can't help myself, and I know there are many, many people out there in the same boat. Perhps a dose of valium is the answer, but I can't afford to go to the doctor to find out. Besides, I'm not sure I want to go around feeling like a zombie.

Spring is soon to arrive here in the Pacific Northwest. I hate to exercise, but I don't mind an early morning walk. It help clears my mind to start the day. In some cases, a walk in the early evening clears my mind so I can sleep better. I walk almost two miles but only when the weather is pleasant. It's as much exercise as I can tolerate. I'm not sure if it helps with weight loss, but it's better than doing nothing. You won't catch me on treadmills or stationary bicycles. I tried Curves but found that way too boring for my taste. Perhaps I walk because I don't think of it as exercise but as therapy for my psychological disorders (stress and anxiety), and it does help with those.

My goal is to lose 2 pounds this week. My taxes are filed, so I don't have that stress to deal with. Temperatures are forecasted to be in the mid 60's. Looks like smooth sailing. I'll weigh in next Monday and we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker