Diet Delites

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Deliteful Diet Data













Me in 2005 @ 165 .......................Me in 2003 @ 175
Even 10 pounds makes a difference.

No recipe today. I want to pass on something that I read although for the life of me I can't remember when or where, but I have found it to be a truthful reality.

Your body needs 10 times your current weight in calories to maintain that weight. In other words, I weigh 165 lbs. In order to maintain that weight, I can only eat 1650 calories per day. In order to lose weight, I must eat less; if I eat more, I will gain.

One pound equals 3500 calories. In order to lose one pound per week, you need to decrease your caloric intake by that amount or 500 calories per day. In other words, for me to lose my goal of one pound per week, I can only eat 1150 calories per day or 8050 per week. If I wanted to pig out on 3450 calories one day, I would have to fast for 3 days that week!!! Or I could eat all 8050 calories in one day and fast for the other 6 days of the week. Because I'm counting calories, I can spread those suckers around any way I want as long as I don't go over my allotted calories per week. And you know what else? I can spread them around eating ANYTHING I want as long as I don't eat more than 8050 calories for the week.

Sounds delightful, doesn't it. The truth is that you could do this if you had the will power. The reality is that you probably don't have the will power. I know I don't. I'll try to maintain my 1150 deliteful calories per day and be content with a piece of Deliteful Cheesecake for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit tracker